Off the Rails: My battle with Willpower

It started Monday night....


All in all, Monday was a great day. I woke, made an amazing veggie plate with eggs and cheese (only 110 calories) and I did my Body Rock TV workout first thing! I was on a role. I even took my daughter out for a girls day, we painted ceramics! Dinner was also divine: Pan seared chicken with a cranberry wine glaze, sauteed kale, and oat cakes (350 calories).

But then, Monday evening, a great friend of mine came over to see the baby and she brought a warm Garlic and Herb Cheese dip with walnuts that made me lose my mind..... Cracker after delicious cracker made its way into my mouth. At one point I looked over at the half eaten container of dip and apologized profusely for my overindulgence! I was utterly out of control.

I'd like to say it ended there but it didn't. The next day I had a bout with Shortbread Girl Scout Cookies. The cookies won..... And then yesterday, my son only missed one answer on the constitution test and got one of the top grades in class. He deserved a treat, so I let him pick dinner (Taco Bell) and I took him to Cold Stone for dessert. I managed to avoid the fast food by eating my dinner before we left (Shrimp with Butternut Squash Pasta).

Cold Stone Creamery was a different story.

So here I am, three days later, feeling incredibly guilty and discouraged. I have to give myself a pep talk to get through this slump, so here it is:

Yesterday is over! Done, finito! What I have, is this glorious morning. The sun is shining, my children are happy, and I am so blessed. Further, I've kept up my workout religiously, and despite a few missteps, my diet has been under control. So I may not lose ten pounds before my friends wedding. In fact, that goal was probably not realistic to start. What I do know, however, is that slow and steady wins the race. If I keep doing my thing, I will lose the weight. And until then, the benefits of may labor are already staring me right in the face: I'm happier, I have more energy, and I'm not nearly as moody as I used to be. And that, right now, is enough.

In order to reaffirm my intentions, I've jotted down my diet plan so others can see what I am doing to lose the weight. Check it out:  My Diet Plan.

Join the conversation!

Comments

Popular Posts