Breakfast of Champions: A quick and easy smoothie with a boost

Hurray for small victories! This morning I woke up craving a sticky bun from the artisan bakery downtown. However, after dropping the kids off, I fought the urge to turn right toward Main street. Instead, I went home and made my tried and true breakfast staple: the smoothie.



My breakfast smoothie is a slightly modified version of Rocco Dispirito's. I like to use Doles Frozen Tropical Fruit Mix because it has those Pina Colada flavors I love, and it has frozen bananas! Just a few banana slices can add that creamy, milky goodness to a smoothie without the calories of milk. Another secret ingredient in this smoothie is Crystal light On the Go Energy Drink Mix. The Energy mix has caffeine and vitamin B; both give me the extra energy I need to get through a busy morning and I don't have the dreaded coffee breath to contend with! Lastly, I add just a few drops of coconut extract for that special Island flare. I found coconut extract at my local health food store, but you can also get it online.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup crushed ice or cubes
1 cup of Dole Frozen Tropical Fruit Mix
1 packet Crystal Light On the Go Peach Mango Energy mix
1 level scoop of an Isolate Whey Protein Powder, Vanilla
2-3 Drops of  Frontier Coconut Extract (optional)
8 oz water (or more, depends on how thick you like your smoothie)




Comments

Popular Posts