Everything But the Kitchen Sink Juice!!!!

While I've tried to resist the urge to buy gadgets and appliances to support my raw diet, I've caved! I bought a juicer. I know I know..... but I found a refurbished Juiceman on Ebay for under 50.00 with free shipping so I had to buy it!
And folks, I have to say that this whole juicing thing has officially rocked my world.
My first juice was nothing more than a hodgepodge of things I had in the fridge:

3 celery stalks
3 large carrots
8 collard leaves
2 apples
1/2 a lemon

Delicious!
Party like a juice star, party like a juice star....

Oh, and my birthday is just a week away, so my husband bought me a dehydrator! Thanks to the best hubby in the world, I'm making Onion Bread and Raw Bacon right this very minute! Stay tuned for the recipes and pics!

Comments

Lauren said…
Your journey is definitely inspirational! It actually fits perfectly with a project I'm doing at WashU right now and I'd love to talk more with you! Is there any chance we can chat in a less public setting?
(I'm a college student trying to find some interesting contacts to enhance this investigation of alternative food lifestyles)
Sure, I'd love to connect. You can contact me at:
desperatelyseekingfoody@hotmail.com

Popular Posts