Corn and Tomato Pizza on Onion Bread!

Now that I've gone raw, I have less use for onions, but my coop gives me loads of them so I thought I'd make some onion bread! Big shout out to my husband for the best birthday gift ever: LEM 5 Tray Dehydrator with a timer!

Ingredients:
2 yellow onions
1 cup sweet cherry tomatoes
1 handful of cilantro
1/4 cup sunflower seeds, ground to a flour consistency
1 cup flax seed meal
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tbsp agave
1 tbsp Noma Shoyu

Peel and chop onions into large chunks and place into a food processors or ninja. Add tomatoes and pulse until you have finely chopped onion (not liquid soup). Add cilantro (no need to chop first) and pulse a few more times until incorporated.

Pour onion mixture into a bowl, and add the two nut flours, oil and seasonings. Stir until well blended.
Line two dehydrator trays with non-stick dehydrator sheets and spread half of the mixture onto each tray. Place in the dehydrator at 145 degrees for an hour, then reduce temp. to 115 for 12 hours. Flip bread over and dehydrate for another five to ten hours, depending on how crunchy you like it.

I found that dehydrating in the evening works well, then you can flip the bread in the morning, and it will be ready by dinner time!

Now I digress.

I've tried really hard to resist the urge to over talk about this new raw diet I'm on. Because, lets face it, it's annoying! But, I have a close family member who is battling bone cancer, and I can't help but hope that a raw diet will help. So I went over to the house, armed with a few tasty recipes in the hopes of making him a believer! I brought my onion bread and this is what I made:

Corn and Tomato Pizza on Onion Bread:

Corn Salsa:
2 ears of corn, kernels removed
1 cup sweet cherry tomatoes, diced
1/4 cup cilantro
2 green onions, chopped fine
salt and pepper to taste
splash of balsamic vinegar

Other Ingredients:
Cashew Nut Cheese
Onion Bread

Spread cheese on the onion bread, then pile on the corn salsa!

This dish was a hit and everyone went back for seconds!




Comments

Thatgirl101 said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular Posts