Marinated Veggies

One of the quick things I've been doing is marinating my veggies! Its easy and I always have tasty veggies in the fridge to add to a salad! Here's the recipe:

2 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon of chopped fresh ginger
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
1 tbsp soy sauce (use Nama Shoyu because it's raw and unpasteurized)
1/4 cup of cold press EVOO or water (especially if your trying to lose weight)
1/4 tsp of salt


Blend all of these ingredients in a blender and add them to 4 cups of your favorite raw chopped veggies, toss and marinate for at least an hour.

Last week I did this with broccoli, finely chopped mushrooms, red peppers, and shredded carrots. It was awesome. This week I tried cauliflower, yellow pepper, and carrots and I'm really liking it.

For lunch today, I made a layered salad. I put 2 tbsp of cashew nut cheese on the bottom of a plate. Then I topped it with a large handful of alfalfa sprouts. I loaded a heaping cup of marinated veggies on top of that, then sprinkled the top with mung bean sprouts and cheesy kale chips! It was amazeballs!

Comments

Camille D. said…
Congratulations on going raw! I'm new to raw eating as well. Where did you find the Nama Shoyu? Also, did you make the nut cheese or purchase it?
Hey Camille! Finding a fellow raw food newbie is music to my ears! How is it going for you so far? I have mostly good days, but sometimes my cravings are off the charts! Keep chatting with me and let me know how things are going.

I found Nama Shoyu at my local health food store but you could use Tamari or Bragg's Liquid Amino Acid as well! I have a recipe for the cashew nut cheese here: http://desperatelyseekingfoody.blogspot.com/2012/02/cashew-nut-cheese.html
Camille D. said…
It's going pretty well. I rarely have cravings now, but sometimes I'll eat something crazy for no good reason...

For example, my husband made some burgers and I was laying on the couch next to him. I wasn't even hungry, but I took a couple of bites.

I've learned how to pack enough food to keep me from getting hungry throughout the day because I found that most of my slip ups were happening when I was hungry and didn't have anything with me at work or on the car ride home.

Which store for the Nama Shoyu? I live in St. Louis also. I tried Whole Foods and the Asian Market (Seafood City) and didn't find it. But maybe I just overlooked it.
Yeah, I understand, but I heard Angela Stokes once say that she strongly encourages newbies to shoot for 50 to 80 percent raw, so that we don't get discouraged when we have an overly cooked day. I'm trying to be kind to myself, instead of feeling guilty!

I think that Local Harvest in STL would be a good place to look for Nama Shoyu (also look for for tamari because its pretty similar)

http://www.localharvestgrocery.com/

Popular Posts